5 people to follow
4 Apps/Websites to check out
- Kindness Boomerang video
- The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation
- We Teach Kindness
- 24 Picture Books to Teach Kids About Kindness
3 things to try
1. Random Acts of Kindness Challenge - pick a month, week or even a day and have your class do something kind for others on that day. Start by brainstorming ideas all together and then let them get creative.
2. Kindness Rocks - Collect smooth rocks and then use paint pens to decorate them with inspiring messages or nice images. Hide them around the community to bring a smile to people's faces.
3. Community Service - Have your class brainstorm ways that they could help in the community or raise funds to help a community service. Work together to figure out how to make this happen - trust that kids can figure out some creative ideas!
2 Quotes to Consider
- Unexpected kindness is the most powerful, least costly, and most underrated agent of human change. Bob Kerrey
- The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the greatest of intentions. Khalil Gibran
1 Question to answer
What does it mean to be kind? Is there ever a time when kindness is not warranted?